Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Faith in God

Holla Familia!
So these past few weeks have been pretty interesting. It snowed 2 feet the day before Valentine’s Day. Causing transfers to be moved back a week, and because it snowed on our P-day we were told to stay inside all day and not go anywhere due to safety issues. Sooo there was no email last week because we haven't been to the library or anywhere or had the time.
So Transfers, I am still here in Christiansburg! Sister Thomson was transferred away to Bedford with Sister Holden. I am now serving with Sister Wines.
So I don't have much time this week . I'm just going to talk about a subject that has been on my mind for the past few days: Faith. I have seen so much doubt this week. From members, friends, and others. I have heard that they don't know where they are going; what they are doing; they don't agree with what the church leaders are doing; they don't like this; they don't like that.... Do you know what I think? Which is a blunt and kind of rude way to say it... but Do you believe in God? Do you believe in your Heavenly Father? Do you believe in the Savior? Do you have Faith that all things are possible through them? Christ is the Head of this church. If you have a problem with how things are being "run" yes, there are the mistakes of man, BUT God is in charge. He will not let anything that will ruin his gospel. This Gospel is Perfect. Man is not. But if you fight against the servants of God, then who are you really fighting against?.... GOD.
I have been really focusing and studying on faith. How do you build it? How do you know what it is? How can I know if I have faith in Christ? With Faith we gain a Personal Testimony, we receive Guidance, Revelation, and Spiritual knowledge. We will have Miracles, Visions, Dreams,  Healings, and all the Gifts of God that He gives. So when these things are not coming to us, is it because of our desires? John 12:39-42.
Read Mosiah 4:6-7 and 1 Ne 8:12. As you come to know and love this Gospel. You will desire it for all. If you do not have that desire to share it with all. Change now. Learn of Christ now. Do not wait till you have "extra time" That is ridiculous!   Put God first and all things will work out for your good.
Well I love you all and I hope this week goes well! Study your Scriptures, Ponder, Pray, Do your Church Callings with all of the desire of your heart, and Go to Church. God will bless you. He is bound to his promise as long as you keep your side.
Love you All!
Sister Karen Call

No comments:

Post a Comment