Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Woohoo First WVU Football Game!!

This week has been pretty interesting! We saw a ton of less active members. Which is fine, but very unusual. We just happened to be able to get a hold of them. I usually have a Less active as the main plan and then two by two them because there is usually someone there that is interested, but all of the less actives have been home! Which is awesome, because we haven't met a lot of them, but at the same time we got not a lot of finding done.
So first cool thing of this week. We had a lesson and a meal at the Nieslens home with Lauren. Lauren is awesome. Well the cool thing that happened: we were setting up Family History for Lauren on Familysearch.org and it was really slow for her because she doesn't know anything about her family. Well, after a while Sister Sullivan showed Lauren her family tree, and hers doesn't go back very far either. Then I showed them mine. Yeah, and my family is super awesome at doing family history. Anywho, I started clicking back to see how far I could get. Well: 1900, 1600, 1100, 700, 300, 300BC, 700BC, 1100BC, 1600BC, !900BC, 2200BC, 3000BC, 4000BC!!! (I'm not sure if that is the exact dates...) anywho, I went all they way back to ADAM and EVE!! I was so excited haha. It was the very first time I had tried doing it. it was pretty cool. So that was neat to show that to Lauren.
Another interesting thing that happened. We went and saw a less active named Zack. Zack has gone on a mission - he went to Japan or somewhere over there. Well He didn't particularly like his mission, but he was diligent and obedient as a half hearted missionary. ANywho, the interesting thing about the conversation with Zack was: He didn't understand the point of life if no matter what we do, we are always doing the will of God. Sister Sullivan and I kinda just looked at each other. Like what? Zack has an awesome testimony of doing the will of God, but He thinks of it as a curse or something. That God is denying us some great privilege. The thing he is lacking is the Spirit. Because of his disobedience and his unwillingness to do important things he doesn't have the Spirit with him. Because he doesn't have the Spirit, He doesn't have the understanding that comes from the Spirit relating to Spiritual things that God has in store for us.
I just thought that it was interesting, I had never had someone so adamant about wanting to do their own will, and that God was getting in the way of him doing what he wanted to do. I guess knowing that the will of God is the best thing for us is a different mindset as well. That if we do what God wants us to do he will give us an uncountable measure of blessings. If we don't do what God wants us to do... Then we don't get anything. We start to lose what we once had, and we don't understand why things aren't working out anymore. Anywho, It was an interesting conversation to have with him. It made me think a lot about how grateful I am for the Gospel, and for living it.
This weekend There was a WVU Football game. Things got real down here. I have never seen so many Drunk, Scantly Clad people in my life. False. I see it every day now, but It was like mass upon mass of people! The people her Go Big, and they have a hard time Going Home afterward. It was a no tracting day, for a good reason. But it was super interesting to see everyone get so crazy about football. Mostly the hard partying before the game. Anywho, They Lost... So it was even more interesting afterward.
Lastly, We had Specialized Training this week. It was pretty good, but the thing that stuck out to me was the fact that I gave my Departing Testimony at this meeting. I still have another transfer after this one, but because a General Authority is coming next transfer we won't have any meetings.
It was interesting to have that thought hit me. Departing. Testimony. It feels like just yesterday, a hop skip and jump away. That I came on my mission. Now it is drawing to a close. But there is still much to do. I still have Another Transfer to go, Still time to rock it.
Well I hope you are all having a great week! and that You don't take each day for granted. Live each day like it's your last. Be kind and loving to all that you meet!
I love you all
Loves,
Sister Karen Call


"We prepare to receive personal revelation as the prophets do, by studying the scriptures, fasting, praying, and building faith. Faith is the key. Remember Joseph’s preparation for the First Vision: “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God. … “But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering.” By unwavering faith, we learn for ourselves that “it is by faith that miracles are wrought.""~Robert D. Hales

No comments:

Post a Comment