Monday, May 12, 2014

The Land of Back Creek!

Holla Familia!
So this week was transfers week! CRAZY!! After being in Christiansburg for 6 months I thought I was going to be there the rest of my mission haha. I really liked Christiansburg. I went through a lot there. I went full Circle on experiences. Which I don't suggest, It was like having a mid life crisis, and having an awesome time too. It was weird. yeah... Anywho! I had fun my last few days in Christiansburg It was sad to say a few goodbyes to people, everyone pretty much knew I was leaving. So yeah. 
Transfer day was pretty interesting. I didn't leave Christiansburg until 5ish. We had picked up Sister White earlier that morning, and she waited with us as well until the new Sisters would arrive. Sister White is going to be companions with Sister Stone! I love that girl I came out with her! Sister Maddox's new companion is Sister Vanvakaris! HOLY NAME!! We had never heard of Sister Van... She came out in December. This will be the First time that Sister Maddox is the Senior Companion. Sister Maddox will do just fine. 
Well now about Back Creek!! OH MY GOODNESS it is soooo pretty here! I have heard so much about Back Creek. It is where Sister Richards was trained (for 6 weeks) and she is pretty much a legend out here! Not really sure why, because she was here for only 6 weeks... but I feel it was due to Awesome piano skillz. I have heard so much about the people, area, house, etc! and it is all true!!! EVERYONE in the ward is related... because of like four ancestors. It's insane. So when they say Family Ward, they really mean Family Ward! The Area is small there are like four mountains and the parents live at the bottom and the posterity has built their way up the mountain. The House we live in, Oh my goodness, maybe it is because I was Carpet and Window deprived for 6 months... but this place is beautiful! The View is Spectacular! Windows, Carpets, Trees, OH MY! Every time I look out our window I think of Joseph Smiths First Prayer. Literally the song pops into my mind and everything. Weirdo missionary moment everyday haha. I have just loved Back Creek so far. It just feels so good. 
My new companion is Sister Isobe! She is awesome! she could be like my Little Asian Twin! She is so chill about things and just goes and gets it done! She will probably be leaving me this next transfer because she has been here for a while (this will be her third transfer here) but hey who knows! 
So Mothers Day was FANTASTIC!!! I got to talk to my lovely mother.. well Sort of ;) mostly see them on Skype and talk about how to get it working, but it was still awesome just to see them! and Cindy! yeah! and then we had a Baptism!!! it was such an awesome experience! There are Golden People out in this world. Elect children of God searching for the Gospel. Josie - the one who got baptized. Is an amazing girl! Huge example to all those who are around her. It was such a wonderful experience to ponder and think about baptismal covenants. 

Well I love you all and I hope you are having a great day! 
Loves,
Sister Call

"A mother can exert an influence unequaled by any other person in any other relationship. By the power of her example and teaching, her sons learn to respect womanhood and to incorporate discipline and high moral standards in their own lives. Her daughters learn to cultivate their own virtue and to stand up for what is right, again and again, however unpopular. A mother’s love and high expectations lead her children to act responsibly without excuses, to be serious about education and personal development, and to make ongoing contributions to the well-being of all around them."

—D. Todd Christofferson




No comments:

Post a Comment