Monday, October 27, 2014

Guess What!!!

Holla Familia!
It's that time again! Transfers week! You probably could have guessed that because I didn't email on Monday... but yeah... Guess What? I'm staying in Morgantown!!! I finally get to stay in an area longer than one transfer! Yay! My final place of rest! Sister Sullivan is being transferred to Virginia! She is going to Appomattox in the Lynchburg zone. Her new companion is Sister Freeman - I hear she is pretty awesome. Top of the mission to the bottom of the mission. Literally the last stop. That is going to be one really long drive. So my new companion is Sister Snow. I'm pretty sure she came out the same time I did. She was just down in Salem Virginia with Sister White as an STL. So I'm pretty sure she is going to be Boss. I don't know anything about her, but I think it's going to be good.
Oh how this transfer has flown by! It seems like Yesterday that I just left Bridgeport with Sister Curtis. Now this Transfer is over and Sister Sullivan is leaving. It's so crazy! I can't believe it. The day has finally come. My Last Leg of the race. Thank heavens they have energy drink vending machines here in Morgantown! I'll be able to run forever!     Don't worry I won't be spending my money on Energy Drinks... They aren't very good, and they make me feel like I'm having a heart attack. Oh the things you learn on a mission. Don't rely on Substances to give you energy, they make you crazy, and very grumpy when you don't take them. True Story.
Anywho, this week has been pretty interesting. We went and pretty much said goodbye to everyone because Sister Sullivan was sure she was leaving. We also got fed really well this week! Everyone signed up to feed us! and some members brought us out for lunch! Being here for six months gives you a strong bond with everyone in the ward. So we went and did our normal stuff of meeting with investigators, finding, less actives and so forth. But it has been a rather emotional week for Sister Sullivan. I guess I am just so used to going, but this is the only place Sister Sullivan has been her entire mission. It is time for something new. It just made me sad to see how sad she was to be leaving. I have always been one to be excited about going, seeing, and trying new things. Of course I have loved everywhere I have been, but I have also been excited to go and do new things. I love meeting new people and listening to their stories and sharing with them the awesomeness of the gospel.
So These last two days we had our car in the shop. So we did a lot of hoofing it. My legs hurt, but it gave me a lot of time to think about things. It also gave me some more appreciation, once again, for having the blessing of having a car. So I'll tell you a little story about Cars, PRTs, and Walking. Cars represent people who have the Gospel in their lives. Walking represents people who do not have the Gospel in their lives. Now if I walked every day, my entire life without stepping foot into a car, I wouldn't know the blessings and awesomeness of having a car. How quickly I can get from one place to another, how I can stay warm and dry when it is raining. There are so many blessing from having a car, but there are also several things that we have to pay the price for when we do have a car. We still have to walk around and be normal people living in the World, but not of the world. We have to pay for gas and damaged parts and more. This can represent Scripture study, prayer, church attendance, temple attendance, callings, and more. We have to do these things to keep our car running, pretty, and happy. We can't expect our car to run on nothing. (now in reality times can get hard and we can't afford to have real car - but if we earning spirit money points, then we would be able to afford all things) Anywho, So we go throughout life. We in our cars look at those who don't have cars and just wonder, why in the world would you be walking! There are so many blessings from having cars! Can't you see? But how can they know? When they have never been in a car? Now a Public Rail Transportation - these super sketch train cars that get you from one side of campus to another really quick. They were really nice to have when we were walking these past two days. They cost money to go on. Not very much, but it was a small price to pay. We got to feel the relief of getting somewhere really quickly, but it was for but a small moment. So the PRT is for people who have some form of the Gospel in their life. Because all churches have some truth in it, they can help us progress and get places pretty quickly, but they don't have that fullness - they don't have cars. Now we can get very comfortable riding in the PRT, because it is a relief from walking everywhere. But we are stuck within the boundaries of where it takes us, and where our feet can take us. We discover and see so much more when we have a car. Now our job is to get people to come and ride in our car. To see what it's like. Some people may get motion sickness the first time, because it is something different. But after a while. They see the blessings, they see how far they can go and how much they can do. Yes some people get the ride in the car, and choose not to accept it because it is so foreign, it's not what they are used too. But as we work hard and have spiritual bonus points and earn our Spiritual Car. It is all Worth it in the End. We have to understand what it feels like to just walk. we have to have that desire to help people become more and become greater. Everyone has a greater potential. They just need to be able to see it. It is a hard path and it is a long journey to get there, we have to work hard to get there. But it is all worth it.
I know the blessings that come from living and being true to the gospel. Being Honest with our dealings with God and with those who are around us. There is so much that we can learn from this Gospel that I feel like I haven't even tapped into the majority of it. Perhaps I never will until I get to heaven, but I know the blessings I have received from being on my mission, and from learning about the Gospel, and from reading from the Book of Mormon. It really does make a difference. Sometimes we can forget, and we fall into bad habits and run out of Spiritual Money to keep our Spiritual Car running. But we can always get back on the path. We can always pick up from where we are at right now and move forward. We can do all things, because Christ made all things Possible. Through Him we can do it, we can Become.
I love this Gospel, I love happy people, I love cars, and I love My Savior Jesus Christ.
I hope you too can see and feel the blessings that come from the restored gospel of Jesus Christ in these latter days.
Loves,
Sister Karen Call

"Latter-day Saints take seriously this responsibility to teach all people in all nations about the Lord Jesus Christ and His restored gospel. We believe the same Church founded by the Savior anciently has been reestablished on the earth by Him in the latter days. The doctrine, principles, priesthood authority, ordinances, and covenants of His gospel are found today in His Church." ~David A. Bednar,

No comments:

Post a Comment