Monday, October 27, 2014

We Must Go On

Holla Familia,
So this week has been interesting. Lot of fun thing, and lots of not so fun things. We were able to see Zach again this week and this time we watched the Patterns of Light video with him. He was thinking a lot more this time. I am not exactly sure what he was thinking about. We talked about the importance of Prayer and how we all receive revelation differently and at different times, but it does come. That we need to be open and receptive to that inspiration, or we may lose an opportunity to learn and to grow the way God wants us to learn and grow.    It was neat to just think about that and ponder about it.
Well I had a first on my mission! We got rear-ended! Yay... boo. It actually wasn't bad, seeing we were stopped and the person who hit us was going about 5 miles per hour... but still... we probably will have to go and get it fixed and we won't have a car for three days. Nooo. What makes it worse is the weather dropped like 20 degrees this week. It was all sunny and bright and then this cool breeze of arctic wind decided to come in and chill everything! You can definitely smell Fall in the air. The Joys of serving near a University - people are great drivers.
Anywho, we did a lot of tracting this week. It was not my favorite. I thought of a new acronym BAWT - Bad Attitude While Tracting. When you are a BAWT. You don't feel like doing anything or saying anything or being happy. You become a No Happiness Zone. How do you fix this? Well, usually when you are having symptoms of BAWT, the only thing you can do is: Stop, Evaluate, Fix, and Go. Why do I not like tracting at this very moment? What are the root problems of why I do not want to be tracting? What can I do to fix the problem? Is it in my control or out of my control? Talk about it think about it, Work it out. Reboot. Restart. GO. If all else fails, go and buy a frozen hot chocolate. Force a Smile. Act like you are having fun. As you do so, it will become fun.
I think this applies to pretty much everything in life, not just tracting. This Acronym is called BAWL. Bad Attitude While Living. We need to Stop, Evaluate, Fix, and Go. It may not always be something we alone can fix, and our lives may be affected by those who are around us. So it may not be as easy as we think it will be, and the road my be a little more rough than we thought it was going to be, but it will work out. We just need to keep going. Stop. Evaluate. Fix. Go. If we don't take the time to Stop if something is going wrong, then we can probably take a few more steps deeper into the mess than we wanted too. If we do not Evaluate, we will never figure out why things are going wrong or what we need to change. If we do not Fix, then what was the whole point of Stopping and Evaluating? We need to Change, and then change the problems around us. Then we need to Go. If we do not continue forward in life. Seeking the things that will make us eternally happy, or the things that are really worth while. Then What is the point? We can Stop, Evaluate, and Fix all we want. But if we do not Go, then they are just thoughts on a piece of paper. The Go is the going forward with what we want to do. What we want to be. What we can achieve in our lives. We Must Go On.
Perhaps we are not satisfied with where we are at Spiritually, Physically, Mentally, or Emotionally. I was reading a Speech by Elder Holland and it said "You can change anything you want to change, and you can do it very fast."  I also read in Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Fielding Smith "I’ve learned from my own experience that when you want to change, really want to change, you can do it. Our conscience and the scriptures tell us what to live by—and they tell us what habits we should change for our eternal welfare and progress" We can Change. If we really want too.
Every year for General Conference and even after General Conference - we should take a question or an idea or a goal to Conference; to seek guidance and knowledge on what we need to do, where we need to go, what we need to say, or what we need to be. We are always changing, until we will reach the eternal stage of perfect knowledge.
We Must Go On.
This week may have been really difficult and I lost focus of Why. I may have been a BAWT and I may BAWL. But I can always change. That is what life is about. Who is it that God wants me to be and what can I do to help him get me there.
I love you all and I hope you are having a good week. If not you can always change! :)
Be Good!
Loves,
Sister Karen Call

"The greatest blessings of general conference come to us after the conference is over. Remember the pattern recorded frequently in scripture: we gather to hear the words of the Lord, and we return to our homes to live them."~Robert D. Hales

No comments:

Post a Comment