Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The New Beginning

Holla Familia!!
Last Email from me as a missionary!!!
So to start off. I will be giving my homecoming talk this Sunday!! the 7th of December at 11am.I believe the address is: 495 South Canyon Road Springville Utah.
It is so crazy to think of everything that has happened.
This week has been good. Sister Snow is boss and we have been working hard every single day. I am very grateful for her and her desire to do the Lords work.
This Transfer has been superb.
This Year has flown by.
This Time has been used to learn and to grow.
Now it is time to start a New Beginning. A New Chapter to my Life.
For some reason I never thought this day would come, at the beginning of my mission I never thought that I would be on a mission. Now I am grateful for this opportunity to have been able to serve the Lord.
There is much more that I have to learn, to change, to become. But now I have a hope and a faith for what I am seeking. I am not walking so much in darkness anymore, but I am walking forward with faith: Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.(Ether 12:4)
I have begun a journey of finding out who Christ is, and changing to become more like him. As we learn more of Christ we will want to become more like him, to keep his commandments, and to learn and seek out what his will is for us.
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. (Matt 21:22)
I am thankful for all of the wonderful examples I have had on my mission. All of my companions have helped me learn and to grow. I have learned what it means to be a child of God, and with that knowledge of our divine heritage, who and what we can become. The Long days, and Short Months. The happy times, and the not so happy times. The exceeding Joy, and the bitter anger.
I feel like I have lived a mini life. It is so weird. But now I know the importance of living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Being Converted and living what I believe, not just going with the flow, but really seeking out answers and asking questions. But most important continually living the commandments that God has given us - even though I do not completely understand all of them, and I am still learning them and how to apply them. But I know as we seek to understand Gods commandments we will have a greater knowledge of who we are.
"The Savior wrought the Atonement, which provides a way for us to become clean. Jesus Christ is the resurrected Christ. We worship and recognize Him for the pain He suffered for us collectively and for the pain He endured for each of us individually, both in the Garden of Gethsemane and on the cross. He bore all with great humility and with an eternal understanding of His divine role and purpose. Those who will repent and forsake sin will find that His merciful arm is outstretched still. Those who listen to and heed His words and the words of His chosen servants will find peace and understanding even in the midst of great heartache and sorrow. The result of His sacrifice is to free us from the effects of sin, that all may have guilt erased and feel hope."~Boyd K. Packer,
I am excited and nervous for this next step in life. I am excited for all of the possibilities. I'm nervous, because I'm going to be on an airplane soon and heading back to Utah, happy valley. 
But I am ready to ponder the possibilities of what will happen next in my life!
I love you all!
Loves,
Sister Karen Call


"God wants you to find your way back to Him, and the Savior is the way. God wants you to learn of His Son, Jesus Christ, and experience the profound peace and joy that come from following the path of divine discipleship." ~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

No comments:

Post a Comment