Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I'm Leaving the Land of Ohio!!!

Holla Familia!!
It has been quite a long week! Last week was Veterans day on P-day so nothing was opened. So we went to Ashland and played Volleyball with the Ashland Sisters, and Elders as well as the Portsmouth Elders.
One of our investigators, her name is Marie, invited us to her Speech last Monday. It was pretty good, I don't really know what she was saying, I couldn't really hear over all the people saying Amen after each sentence that she said, but it was really good. It was all about how we need to become united. The church was called Christs Sanctuary. We arrived super early and told Marie that we would come back for her part. When we got back we arrive din the middle of a cooking demonstration the desert that the lady was making was pretty good (we got to eat it after she was done making it) Marie was super nice to us, but several of the people there gave us cold shoulders, and didn't really wanted us to be there. During Marie's speech she also gave us a shout out and held up our Restoration Pamphlet that we gave her. Saying everyone was welcome to come and read it and find out more about us as well. So that was pretty interesting and cool. When we were getting ready to go she came to us and apologized for some o f the behavior of the women who were there. That she would like to see us again. Also, another interesting thing that happened while we were there, when they said their closing prayer: They all said their own. They all stood up and started praying! it was so disorganized and I felt like if you didn't say a long enough prayer that the people would judge you - it was just a strange feeling that I don't mind NOT repeating. It was nice to have been able to have supported Marie though.
 When we went to Marie's house later that week with Sister Lyons we had a nice chat again about Unity. She is probably the most knowledge seeking Christian lady I have seen on my ENTIRE mission. (which isn't that long) But, It is so neat to see someone who wants to work with people. That she realizes the problem that is happening between the religions. That they are all fighting against each other instead of working together against our common enemy. She continued talking about how the fight with Satan is real. She is an amazing woman who if she really sits down and reads the Book of Mormon and studies everything we give her I think it will click for her. She already knows things, it is just getting her there. She studies a lot about all of the different religions.
Another family we have been working on as always is the Bradley's. Shane and Rhonda got married two weeks ago now? Shane told us that the only thing that he needed to do before he got baptized was: get married, and quit smoking. That as soon as he got married that it would be easy for him to quit smoking. Well They are married now. We did the quit smoking workshop with them, but he is still smoking. There has been a lot of stressful things happening in their life. Rhondas grandmother passed away a few days ago, they are still trying their best to keep their wedding a secret from Shane's mom, and they don't have money for gas and to do some repairs on their car. Everything it seems to be stacking up this week. I told them that now that they have taken this step forward that the adversary will do all he can to prevent you from taking another step, and right now he is winning. Shane even told us that he had finished his last pack and that he wouldn't smoke again, but he was still smoking the next day when we called Rhonda.
We got to talk to Lucy this week. Finally. She has been super sick for that past few weeks, and I was getting super worried that she was avoiding us. I have seen her countenance change for these past 4 months, and she is almost ready. I don't know what it is that is holding her back, besides the point that she feels that she needs to forgive someone before she can take any other steps forward. She needs to take that next step of baptism in order to feel that way. Hopefully something will work out. I really do Love Lucy :)
Ooo something cool/ interesting: we went and visited this lady named Girtrude and we read the Book of Mormon to her, it was a little difficult because all of her dogs were barking constantly but we read with her! while we were reading, I noticed a p8icutre bheind a chest on her shelf - I wondered in my mind if that picture was what i thought it was, and guess what? IT WAS! It was the picture on the cover of the Restoration Pamphlet - of Jesus holding a Lamb- I believe it was drawn by Greg Olsen. She had a picture of it! How random is that?! Well I thought it was pretty cool.
Soo. For Behold: Sister Call is Leaving the Land of Ohio. On Wednsday night we went to the church to spend time with the Young Women and try and build unity there by learning how to Crochet. I learned how to Crochet! How random is that?!  When all of a sudden the phone starts to vibrate I look down and check to see who it is - and it was President Pitt. My heart literally skipped a beat. There would only be one reason He would be calling. Transfers. I nudged Sis Gray showed her that President was calling and we left the room. President asked if we were busy at the moment, and I told him no. He then asked if he could talk with me. He asked me how things in the area was doing. and we talked for a while about the ward, and the area. The next thing he said I already knew he was going to say. I have been feeling it for quite some time. "Sister Call, because of the experience that you have now. I would like to know if you would be willing to be a Trainer" AHHH!!! "You will also be doubled into an area" AAAHHHH!!! My goodness! I accepted my new calling with happiness. He didn't tell me right then where I was going, but he told me it was a happy place. It made me laugh. Wheelersburg is a Happy place! so I must be going to Heaven :)  I found out yesterday that I will be going to Christiansburg Virginia. Which is about 164 miles from here XD REALLY LONG CAR DRIVE!! YAY! Anywho, I tried to pull myself together, and go back into the room with all of the Young Women but then I burst into tears. yeah... I cried... How human. So I have been going around for the past few days saying my last goodbye to everyone :( I don't think I have seen so many people cry, or myself cry so much! I hate crying :( It is going to be super hard to leave this area but I know Sister Gray will take good care of it, and I know the new sister coming in, her name is Sister Stone and we were in the MTC together - I think she is pretty awesome so Wheelersburg will be taken good care of.
Also another exciting thing of the week. Well I thought it was pretty great. Jaylene who told us several weeks ago that she couldn't live like we were living - well I decided that I wanted to go and talk to her. I have been wanting to talk to her for a few days now and haven't been able to get her off my mind. So we went and saw her yesterday. She has still been reading, AND she has been reading through the Gospel Principles book that she got from church the one day that she went. I was so happy to hear that she still knows how she felt when she spoke to us. Jaylene also told us that she doesn't talk to any of the ladies at the complex anymore because they talk about her behind her back. I asked Jaylene if it would be alright if Sister Gray and the new missionary came and discussed what she was learning in the Gospel Principles book with her, and she said that would be fine. YAY!!

 I'm excited and nervous and everything all in one! I don't know what or how things are going to work out. I feel so lost, I know that as soon as I start going things will be fine, but right now my mind is on overload! I hope to be able to remember all of the things that were important in my training. I noticed that the longer I have been out on my mission, the worse and worse my memory gets! But I am so excited to have the opportunity to be a trainer! I don't know exactly what I will do, but the Lord does, and that is all that matters.
AAHHH Tomorrow!!! I will be in Virginia!!! HOW CRAZY!!!! Well I don't have any more time! I love you all and I hope everything is going well. Stay Classy, and read/listen to the conference talks! They are awesome! The very first one in the Ensign opened my eyes to something... you will have to read it to know what I am talking about, but even then you might not know... but that is all good you might find something out for yourself!!!
LOVES YAH ALL!!!
Sister Karen Call




 

No comments:

Post a Comment