Monday, June 2, 2014

Bolts and Prayers


Holla Familia!!

This week has been fun!! Lots of fun things happened back home, lots of craziness! haha! but it was awesome no doubt!

So Last week Sister Isobe and I spent some quality time with the Cave Spring Sister: Larkin and Michie. We went to the mall, we went shopping, we went to Chick-fil-a. Then we went to their apartment and painted the tiles on their ceiling. Which sounds strange but it was super fun! they are those tiles that are in the ceiling of schools and such. That are all pebble looking. well we painted the other side that is nice and smooth, so when they move out they will just flip them back over and no one will ever know. Right? haha. But yeah that is what we did for Memorial day. Do you know what was sad? The schools make-up day for all of the snow days that they had was on Memorial Day! so half of the students didn't even show up, because their parents had already planned trips and such. Then at the end of the day they said that i they didn't come it was alright and that they were going to excuse all of the kids! That would be awful! You go to school and find out that you went for no reason at all!

Anywho, We were helping a member this week with her Garden. Oh Dad, I thought our Garden was big... Now it seems so small. let me just say it's about 100x100ft. It is probably bigger than that, but anywho it was huge. So I used some kind of weird tool that broke up the soil and pretty much got rid of the small weeds that were growing everywhere. Sister Isobe used the Hoe. Anywho, as I was going along I was just going hard core at it up and down the rows of tomato plans, peppers, etc. when all of a sudden the end popped off! I looked at it and I realized the two bolts that were holding it together were gone! They had wiggled themselves off as I was going through things. I saw a bolt in the dirt earlier and I had wondered where it came from, but didn't bother to pick it up. Now I knew exactly what it was. The other bolt was right there in the dirt where the end had fallen off, so that one was a little easier to find. I thought of this as how we go about in life. We are going around doing so much good, and we are doing it pretty splendidly, but as we were going along we started to neglect some of the important things that we should be doing like reading our scriptures, going to church, doing are callings, praying. and our bolts started to come loose that was holding us together. We don't realize it at first because it seems that we are doing the same work as we were doing before. But soon one of the Bolts falls off. We don't realize it because we still have the other bolt. But we are no longer receiving the blessings that we had with the other bolt. We continue on for a while but the other bolt can't do all of the work on it's own and it quickly starts to wiggle off until it too falls off. The tool is now not usable. Well you could, but it wouldn't be as effective... and rather pointless, and you could start to break the tool in fact and may no be able to fix it as quickly or as easily. Life starts to seem to fall apart, or feels harder than it should be. This is where we need to go back and fix. Put the Bolts back in and tighten them again. Repentance. But there is one thing that we have to be cautious of. Repentance, and True Repentance. When I screwed the bolts back on by hand after a few more minutes I noticed that the Bolts were starting to come loose again and they were about to fall off again. It isn't about just putting the Bolts back on. It's about putting them back on and Tightening them so that they don't all off easily again. We need to be continually aware of what we are doing and making sure that we are fixing things, always trying to improve on how we do things.

Of course using a Hoe would have been easier because it's not held together by bolts, but hey, whatever.

Other cool things that happened: We went to Sister Debusks and she showed us her encyclopedia Library. She has them all from like the past 100 years all of the editions. She loves her encyclopedias. They are pretty cool! I didn't realize how cool encyclopedias were! But yeah she also told me that she had ancestors that were Call's. and she started telling me all of these things, I'm not really sure if it is the same Call's and I can't really remember the stories because they were so foreign to me haha.

We also had Dinner with Bishop McGraw and his wife, and they invited our investigator Mary to come as well! It was AWESOME! The Food was great, the conversation was great, just everything went so well. After that we went and tried a less active named Cliff. When we got to his house we heard some banjo music playing, and we were super impressed and we liked it, when we knocked on the door the music stopped, He opened the door and was holding a banjo!!! He was playing some awesome Banjo tunes! It was insane! The people out here are so Musically Talented! But yeah, he let us play his Banjo, and he went and grabbed his fiddle too! Sweet Bluegrass, sweet sweet bluegrass.

The last thing that was awesome this week was Zone Meeting. It was all about overcoming and reacting to hard times and we had examples from the scriptures. Also, about how in Preach My Gospel it says 'YOU'. Each of us are called to what we are doing for a reason. Because You are the only one who can effect the people in hat area. You. Your personality. Your interests. You. It was all about us being who we are instead of being a robot missionary. It was awesome. But the part that I liked the most was about Prayer. Prayer has always been something that I don't completely understand, but I know how much power comes from it. What we went over was Praying Specifically. When we ask for things that are specific then we will receive specific blessings. Praying for things such as to meet a family of five that are working outside. Or a man in his late 30's When we pray for things specifically and what we are going to do like give them a family proclamation and such. It goes for everything we pray for. When we are specific and looking for what we have prayed for then God will answer us. If we are Vague and don't really know what we are asking for, then how are we supposed to know the answer God gives us?

I have prayed to know that the Book of Mormon is true. I wasn't visited by angels, I didn't hear a voice shout out to me and tell me that it was true, but every time I read it, or think about it I Feel good. I feel like it is true. The thought of Wickedness never was Happiness always pops into mind. I have prayed wondering why things were so hard and why it couldn't be easier, and I just felt at peace after that and the next day I read a talk called His Grace is Sufficient...

"In the same way, because Jesus has paid justice, He can now turn to us and say, “Follow me” (Matthew 4:19), “Keep my commandments” (John 14:15). If we see His requirements as being way too much to ask (“Gosh! None of the other Christians have to pay tithing! None of the other Christians have to go on missions, serve in callings, and do temple work!”), maybe it is because we do not yet see through Christ’s eyes. We have not yet comprehended what He is trying to make of us."

So many things can run through the mind so easily, when we already know the answer, but we all ask questions at times. But it is how we react to those situations. I am still working on Christlike attributes. I am definitely not a perfect person, but I am doing the best I can.

I love you all, I love the Gospel, I love this beautiful earth that I can see. I love pictures. I love friends. I love memories. I love so many things. I love each and every one of You, and yes I mean it.

Be good, work hard, be diligent. and God will bless you.

Loves,

Sister Karen Call

Pic 1&2: SO MANY TREES!! SO GREEN!

Pic 3: Chinchilla!!

Pic 4: mmm.. Fresh Chicken


 

No comments:

Post a Comment