Monday, November 3, 2014

Week of Miracles! Oh and Halloween.

Holla Familia!!!
This week has been pretty great! Lots of really cool miracles happened, and lots of good memories made.
First off a few of the cool miracles that God blessed us with this week:
We met a girl named Maddie when we were trying to get a hold of a less active member. I had decided that it would be the last time that we try this less active, because I didn't even know if she lived there or what, but I had decided in my own mind that this would be the last time that we would try her. Well we tried the less active and she wasn't home. When we walked outside to go back to our car, there was a girl sitting on the steps past our car. We decided to go and talk to her. She was a little nervous at first, but then she said, 'Oh you must be looking for my mom.' The less active we were looking for. So we started talking to Maddie for a little bit, and she invited us in and we taught her a brief Restoration and invited her to read the Book of Mormon, and then we invited her to be baptized and she said yes!! It was so cool! Very wonderful experience.
Earlier that day we had gone over to Ingrids, who is another investigator, and watched the Restoration - everything you can imagine to get in the way of us trying to watch it. Didn't know how to work the game console, the DVD was scratched, there was a plumber there, it was just crazy. But everything worked out. I said a silent prayer that even though the DVD was scratched that it would work, and it did. Sister Snow watched Ingrid's reaction to things, and she was agreeing with everything that was going on. At the end of the movie she told us that the Vision that Joseph had reminded her of a vision she had of Mary and the Baby Jesus. She told us that she would pray and fast about the things she had just learned, and we invited her to be baptized as well and she accepted!
YEAH!! Such a good day. Even though a lot of things fell through this week, it always seemed like we were always striving to do more and to find people to teach. I think that is why this week has been so great. I know I have been trying my best to try and talk to everyone that comes in our path. Sometimes my Natural Mind gets in the way and I miss an opportunity, but I am grateful for Sister Snow because she has got my back in most of those situations. We have been working hard to help each other better our weaknesses. I am very grateful for Sister Snow and her desire to work hard and be obedient. We have been able to talk a lot and I feel like we have been serving together forever, but it has only been a week! She is such a great missionary. I have learned a lot in this past week.
This week we also had Elder Renlund come and talk to us. He is one of the 70 that reports directly to the first Presidency. It was a wonderful experience. I wish I had brought my notes so that I could share them with you... but I forgot... and my mind gets very jumbled in trying to express everything soo it might be a little difficult. One thing I do remember is the very beginning. He told us to remember four things: Thank You - from the Lord, Prophet, and Apostles, You have been called to this area at this time for a reason, Your Mission President and his wife have been called here at this time for a reason and to love them, and Remember Jesus Christ and His Atonement - he made all things possible.
For me it was the first time that I have really let things sink deep into my heart. He gave us three talks to go over before we met with him: Seek learning by Faith, Converted to the Lord, and Ask in Faith. It has really been an eye opener for me on how I need to be more open to feelings and thoughts that come to me. So I was paying rather close attention to those during the meeting. I also got to see Sister Thomson! It was nice to see her and know that she is still out here working, even though it is hard she is growing.
I really enjoyed this scripture from my studies this morning:
"Therefore, my son, see that you are merciful unto your brethren; deal justly, judge‍ righteously, and do good‍ continually; and if ye do all these things then shall ye receive your reward; yea, ye shall have mercy‍ restored unto you again; ye shall have justice restored unto you again; ye shall have a righteous judgment restored unto you again; and ye shall have good rewarded unto you again."
 I really enjoy the thought of doing good unto all men. I was studying about Forgiveness, Repentance, and Judging Others. As we Judge ourselves, and those who are around us, we have to first seek to first bring ourselves to become who God wants us to be, and while we are at it, help those who are around us. None of us will be perfect in this life. We all have our different weaknesses and trials that we have to face, but God loves each and everyone of us. He loves us just the way we are, but he loves us too much to let us stay that way. He sees who we can become. We can always Become something more.
I am grateful for the blessings and the things that have opened my eyes in just this short time on my mission. The many different testimonies of other Missionaries that have blessed my life, and made me think and desire to understand and love my Savior Jesus Christ. It is a continual growing, learning, and understanding. Everyday brings it's different challenges. Focus on Today, and how God has and is blessing us in every moment.
I love you all, and I hope you are all doing well.
Loves,
Sister Karen Call

"If you truly believe the great mission of our Heavenly Father is to exalt and glorify His children and that He knows best how to do it—doesn’t it make sense to embrace and follow His commandments, even the ones that appear difficult? Should we not cherish the light posts He has given that guide us through the darkness and the trials of mortality? They mark the way back to our heavenly home! By choosing Heavenly Father’s path, you lay a divine foundation for your personal progress … that will bless you throughout your life." ~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Pic: Sister Snow and I dressed up as Missionaries for Halloween!!! YES!! BESTEST COSTUME EVER!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment