Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A Week of Walking

Holla Familia!
So I'm just going to say now. My whole entire body hurts. I am so out of shape... or well I guess my body isn't used to walking for 8-10 hours a day. We ran out of miles this week... I'll just say that Sister Wines and I Splurged a little on miles before Transfers... haha.
Well I got a new companion and she is Awesome! Her name is Sister Maddox! she is from Orem Utah. She has one brother and two sisters. The brother and her oldest sister are married. and her other sister is on a mission in Columbus Ohio! Super close yet so far away! She is the youngest of her family and the shortest. She is like 5'10" Finally a companion that is taller than me!!! yay! 
Well I really enjoyed just walking this past weekend. We didn't get much done, but I got to get to know Sister Maddox pretty well and we got to talk about a lot of things on our extremely long walks. Oh and there are no Sidewalks or crosswalks. I was almost tempted to take a picture of the Sidewalk in front of a church, because it was the only sidewalk for a long while haha. but I didn't... because no one would get why I took a picture of the Sidewalk.. and I would probably forget by the time I looked at it again. So anywho, we have been walking everywhere for the past three days, and I'm kinda really glad tomorrow is the beginning of the month and we get more miles! We did get a ride to the Woman's Relief Society Broadcast and to Church so that was nice not having to walk 8 miles to get to church. I really liked the Broadcast and how much of an emphasis that they put on working together with all age groups. I know that I feel like everything is so separate, that the little kids are to "rowdy, noisy" But there is so much that we can learn from one another and I think we forget that. Yes they may be noisy, but they are also full of energy and they can sometimes focus that energy into something - such as missionary work. Several of the kids in Primary went and gave their friends at school pass along cards. Now how many of us go to work and hand out Pass along cards to those that we know. Yes, there is the excuse of we aren't allowed to "talk about Religion" false, you can talk about religion, but to the other persons interest and conversation. You can't talk to someone about something they have no interest in, but you won't know if they have no interest in it until you start talking to them about it. We won't know what will happen until we do it. So yeah, Go, Fight, Win. and when you are done come and tell me how it went, because I like our chats. 
So another thing that I have been doing this week with my studies that I have so far really liked. I went to the Topical Guide and chose a subject to study - this week it was Faith. and I started going through the Scriptures. But as I went to every scripture I looked at the Footnotes of that scripture and then the footnotes of that scripture, and so forth and so on. Some of them have chains super long leading into different pathways that are still related to Faith that you wouldn't have found in the Topical Guide. It is super fun and I suggest you guys do it too. So for example: 
Matt 8:10. (*And when they that followed him, heard this, they marveled. And* Jesus heard it, he marveled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.)
 Footnote for Faith goes to 3 Ne17:8 (For I perceive that ye desire that I should show unto you what I have done unto your brethren at Jerusalem, for I see that your Faith is sufficient that I should heal you.)
 foot note for Faith in that verse goes to Luke 18:42, (And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee.) 
Footnote for Faith goes to D&C 42:48 (And again, it shall come to pass that he that hath faith in me to be healed, and is not appointed unto death. Shall be healed.) 
and it goes on forever and ever. It's super fun. Just saying. 
But yeah I wanted to learn a little about Faith and being Healed, and I haven't completely found my answer yet, but What I have learned so far is pretty cool. It also helps you to ponder a lot on how this applies to Faith and such. 
Well, I love you all and I hope you have a great week! Prayer, Scripture Study, Temple Work, Happiness!! 
Loves, 

Sister Karen Call

"What if you were to fast from negative or critical or worldly talk? or maybe you could fast from a habit you are trying to change. As you engage in service and the fasting from the behavior that takes you away from the Spirit, you will feel a renewal of the Spirit of the Lord" ~Robert H. Daines

Karen's new companion is Sister Maddox from Orem.
Karen and Sister Allison Wines

No comments:

Post a Comment